Medium Rigid Licence
A3MR1 Units from TLI31216 Certificate III in Driving Operations
About this program
This course is specifically designed for those people wanting to get a Medium Rigid (MR) driver’s licence. Holding an MR licence allows you to drive any two axle rigid vehicle, including bus and truck, greater than 4.5 tonnes GVM or a vehicle that seats more than 12 adults including the driver. Plenty of driver training time combined with theoretical and practical learning activities ensures this nationally recognised training is your best chance of successfully obtaining a medium rigid licence.
- Road law
- Performing cabin checks
- Performing pre-drive safety inspections
- Starting/Stopping sequence
- Turning and handling
- Reversing and maneuvering
- Vehicle positioning
- Gears and their uses
- System of vehicle control
- Defensive driving
- City and highway driving
- Load security
- Work diary
- TLILIC2015 Licence to drive a medium rigid vehicle
- Have held an Australian car driver licence for at least 12 months.
- Provide primary proof of identification prior to course commencement.
- Be able to drive a car with a manual transmission.
- Purchase and be familiar with the VicRoads ‘Truck and Bus’ handbook.
- Meet medical and eyesight requirements.
- If a NSW Licence Holder, applicant must complete Knowledge Test at RMS before commencing the course, booking to be made through Roads and Maritime Services.
By successfully completing this course you will receive an AQF statement of Attainment. VicRoads certifies this course.
Location of Training
- Logic Center: 45 Albertson Rd, Barnawartha North, VIC, 3691.
- DECA Shepparton: 145 Wanganui Rd, Shepparton VIC 3630.
The majority of teaching and assessments are conducted on-campus.
Please enquire for dates and time.
This course is delivered on a 1:1 ratio over 1 day.
Medium Rigid Licence.
All courses run subject to minimum enrolments. Courses not marked with an asterix (*) may lead to an Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) qualification or statement of attainment. RTO: 3097