Light Rigid Licence
A3LR1 Units from TLI31216 Certificate III in Driving Operations
About this program
This course is specifically designed for those people wanting to get a Light Rigid (LR) heavy vehicle driver’s licence. Holding an LR licence allows you to drive a rigid vehicle, including bus and truck, greater than 4.5 tonnes GVM but equal to or less than 8 tonnes GVM, or a vehicle that seats more than 12 adults including the driver that has a GVM not greater than 8 tonnes GVM.
Plenty of driver training time combined with theoretical and practical learning activities ensures this nationally recognised training is your best chance of successfully obtaining a light rigid licence.
- Road law
- Performing cabin checks
- Performing pre-drive safety inspections
- Starting/Stopping sequence
- Turning and handling
- Reversing and maneuvering
- Vehicle positioning
- Gears and their uses
- System of vehicle control
- Defensive driving
- TLILIC2014 Licence to drive a light rigid vehicle
- Have held an Australian car driver licence for at least 12 months.
- Provide primary proof of identification prior to course commencement.
- Be able to drive a car with a manual transmission.
- Purchase and be familiar with the VicRoads ‘Truck and Bus’ handbook.
- Meet medical and eyesight requirements.
By successfully completing this course you will receive an AQF statement of Attainment. VicRoads certifies this course.
Location of Training
- Logic Center: 45 Albertson Rd, Barnawartha North, VIC, 3691.
- DECA Shepparton: 145 Wanganui Rd, Shepparton VIC 3630.
The majority of teaching and assessments are conducted on-campus.
Please enquire for dates and time.
This course is delivered on a 1:1 ratio over 1 day.
Light Rigid Licence issued by VicRoads.
All courses run subject to minimum enrolments. Courses not marked with an asterix (*) may lead to an Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) qualification or statement of attainment. RTO: 3097