Heavy Rigid Licence
A3HR1 Units from TLI31216 Certificate III in Driving Operations
About this program
This course is specifically designed for those people wanting to get a Heavy Rigid (HR) driver’s licence. Holding a HR licence allows you to drive any rigid vehicle, including bus and truck, greater than 4.5 tonnes GVM. Plenty of driver training time combined with theoretical and practical learning activities ensures this nationally recognised training is your best chance of successfully obtaining a heavy rigid licence. Our Heavy Rigid (HR) course is conducted on a synchromesh or a non-synchromesh gear box.
- Road law
- Performing cabin checks
- Performing pre-drive safety inspections
- Starting/Stopping sequence
- Turning and handling
- Reversing and maneuvering
- Vehicle positioning
- Gears and their uses
- System of vehicle control
- Defensive driving
- City and highway driving
- Load security
- Work diary
- TLILIC2016 Licence to drive a heavy rigid vehicle
As part of the process for entry into this course, we are required to obtain clearance from VicRoads. Clearance will depend on the following information; you will be sent a VicRoads Eligibility Declaration form and you will need to answer all of the questions truthfully.
- Have held an Australian car driver licence for at least 24 months cumulatively.
- Whether you have an interlock device fitted to your vehicle or not.
- Whether your licence is cancelled, suspended or disqualified OR if you have a pending cancellation suspension or disqualification, and
- Whether you have a medical condition and/or take prescribed medication.
Other relevant information you will need to provide the trainer.
- Be able to drive a car with a manual transmission.
- You will need to purchase and read the VicRoads “Truck and Bus” handbook from VicRoads Customer Service office or some newsagents. (You will be tested on this).
- If you are a NSW Licence Holder, applicant must complete Knowledge Test at RMS before commencing the course, booking to be made through Roads and Maritime Services.
By successfully completing this course you will receive an AQF statement of Attainment. VicRoads certifies this course.
Location of Training
- Logic Center: 45 Albertson Rd, Barnawartha North, VIC, 3691.
- DECA Shepparton: 145 Wanganui Rd, Shepparton VIC 3630.
The majority of teaching and assessments are conducted on-campus.
Please enquire for dates and time.
This course is delivered on a 2:1 ratio over 2.5 days. If the course is not filled the course length may be reduced. 1 Student 1.5 days.
Heavy Rigid Licence (Non-synchro or synchro) to be issued by VicRoads
All courses run subject to minimum enrolments. Courses not marked with an asterix (*) may lead to an Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) qualification or statement of attainment. RTO: 3097