Heavy Combination Licence
A3HC1 Units from TLI31216 Certificate III in Driving Operations
About this program
This course is specifically designed for those people wanting to get a Victorian or New South Wales Heavy Combination driver’s licence, non-synchromesh or synchromesh gear box. Holding a HC licence allows participants to drive a prime mover or single semi-trailer exceeding 9 tonne, or rigid vehicle plus trailer greater than 9 tonnes gross vehicle mass (GVM). If they decide to get their licence with a non-synchromesh gear box option, participants can drive either a non-synchro, synchro or auto gear box. Plenty of driver training time combined with theoretical and practical learning activities ensures this nationally recognised training is the best chance of successfully obtaining a heavy combination licence.
- Road law
- Performing cabin checks
- Performing pre-drive safety inspections
- Starting/Stopping sequence
- Turning and handling
- Reversing and maneuvering
- Vehicle positioning
- Gears and their uses
- System of vehicle control
- Defensive driving
- City and highway driving
- Load security
- Work diary
- TLILIC3017 Licence to drive a heavy combination vehicle
- Have held an Australian driver licence for at least 24 months, and and an Australian driver licence to drive Medium Rigid or Heavy Rigid licence for at least 12 months.
- Provide primary proof of identification prior to course commencement.
- Purchase and be familiar with the VicRoads ‘Truck and Bus’ handbook.
- Meet medical and eyesight requirements.
- If a NSW Licence Holder, applicant must complete Knowledge Test at RMS before commencing the course, booking to be made through Roads and Maritime Services.
By successfully completing this course, participants will receive an AQF statement of Attainment. VicRoads certifies this course.
Location of Training
- Logic Center: 45 Albertson Rd, Barnawartha North, VIC, 3691.
- DECA Shepparton: 145 Wanganui Rd, Shepparton VIC 3630.
The majority of teaching and assessments are conducted on-campus.
Please enquire for dates and time.
This course is delivered on a 2:1 ratio 2.5 days. If the course is not filled the course length may be reduced. 1 Student 1.5 days.
Heavy Rigid Licence (Non-synchromesh or synchromesh)
All courses run subject to minimum enrolments. Courses not marked with an asterix (*) may lead to an Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) qualification or statement of attainment. RTO: 3097